Friday, July 26, 2013

New Classroom, New School

Before Pictures...

I am super sad to be leaving the school I student taught in and taught my first full year in, but for various reasons it was the best choice for me. My first 2 days of summer were spent cleaning out my beloved room, followed by trying to find somewhere to store it all... Here's a picture of about one third of my teaching "stuff" in the spare room...


This was after one day of emptying out my old room. 2 more car loads after this made the spare room pretty useless.

I was able to take most of my teaching goodies out of the spare room a few days later but sadly had to more or less "dump" them in the hallway outside of my new room because the floors needed to be waxed, rooms cleaned, etc.

Here are some "before" pictures of my new room.

I am beyond excited to have a SMART board this year!!!

6 working student computers (compared to 2 last year!)

Ugly windows... I plan on creating a hanging "focus wall" of sorts like I had in my old classroom.
I had a thin rope that went from one end of the room to the other in front of my similarly ugly windows.
I hung up anchor charts that were either relevant all year or relevant to what we were working on at the time.

This will be my little teacher area (desk, guided reading, etc)
I've been considering going "deskless" this year, but I'm not sure I can pull it off.
Check out the mini fridge! All the teachers get one and a microwave in their room, awesome!

Closet area for storage. I think I'll have to make a pretty curtain to hang here.

So that's my room. The humidity is making the wax not want to dry in the rooms and hallways, which means I haven't been in my room since I took these pictures a few weeks ago. Hopefully the floors will be ready for traffic next week because I am getting ready and excited to clean, decorate and organize!


Happy Teaching (& Running) =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...