Thursday, August 1, 2013

Classroom Update & Freebie

So I was finally able to get into my room (the wax on the floors was having trouble drying in the humidity) on Monday & am going again today...
I was sorely disappointed to find out that I have A LOT of cleaning to do. I am super OCD about my classroom being clean and organized, so all of the "stuff" that's probably been in that room since 1970 WILL drive me nuts, so I will be going through literally every single item in that room before it starts to look cute... sad, but I'd rather clean house than be irritated at the clutter and dust for the rest of the year.

That being said, I spent about 5 hours going through stuff and organizing & even set up my desk (because that way it really looked like I accomplished something, ha).

Here are some before & after pictures... Can't wait until the after pictures are all cute and polka dotty or stripy!
I have a great closet area for storage as well as students backpacks/coats. There is also a closed closet in one corner. Here are the shelf areas before:


Here are the shelf areas after various garbage bag & much organizing...


I definitely have more work to do in the closet area, but I did make some progress!

More work to do!
A Little Progress

There were SO many teacher books, old curriculum binders, etc. in the fabulous book shelf I have just outside of the closet area. I have more of my own teacher books to add, but now that it's nice and neat that will only take me a minute or two, yay for organization!
Before
After: Ready for more books :)

And because I needed one place of sanity in the room, I set up my desk (or at least partially!)

Hopefully I'll leave my room with more to be proud of today!

But before I run off to my class, click below and head over to my TPT store to grab these Whole Brain Teaching Rules & Procedure Posters!


Teach Run photo ScreenShot2013-07-29at32149PM_zps10463e60.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...